Our mission is to represent, develop and empower the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector in North Somerset to be at the forefront of positive social change and development. VANS is both a Council for the Voluntary Sector (CVS) and a Volunteer Centre, and accredited through NCVO Quality Accreditation scheme.
VANS runs the volunteer brokerage service for North Somerset. The service allows organisations to promote their work and to advertise volunteer vacancies. It also allows anyone who wishes to volunteer to find the best opportunity to suit their circumstance. There are 174 organisations on the database and 272 volunteering opportunities.
Get in Touch
If you would like to find out more about how Voluntary Action North Somerset can assist you, then contact Cara MacMahon via phone on 01934 416486 or email her at email@example.com.
We offer several services for West of England Works partners, these include SAVVY and a bespoke one to one support to help people access volunteering opportunities.
SAVVY targets learners who experience significant barriers to entering formal learning or work, and/or those who do not have a formal qualification.
Through SAVVY, we provide our learners with social interaction, confidence building, health and well-being education, public speaking development, interview skills, local networking opportunities in the voluntary sector, volunteer presentations, one-to-one feedback and ICT skills.
It is a four week course which offers West of England Works participants the chance to:
- Increase confidence and self esteem
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Recognise skills and qualities
- Build up social support as part of a group
- Learn about voluntary opportunities
- Meet local volunteers from the community
- Be supported into relevant voluntary opportunities
- Improve future job opportunities
These sessions can be tailored to meet the participant’s needs and interests.
SAVVY can be delivered at an anchor partner site, For All Healthy Living Centre and we are willing to look at venues in both Clevedon and Portishead.
If you would like to refer, then contact our Support Alliance Volunteer Service Manager, Laura Argrave on 01934 416486, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bespoke one to one support to help people access a volunteering opportunity
This service would entail one-to-one support for clients to help them access a volunteering opportunity. We have several aims of this service:
- To make the potential volunteer feel welcome To complete an assessment of clients needs
- To assist clients in identifying a ‘Volunteer Goal’ and plan steps to achieve this
- To research volunteer roles and build links with the VCSE sector
- To maintain record of achievement
- To offer support to clients and host organisation in the first month of volunteering
- To record the outcomes of all the volunteers gaining volunteering placements.
This service is available at any location in North Somerset, but would ideally be delivered at an anchor partner’s premise.
If you’re interested in making a referral then you can contact our Support Alliance Volunteer Service Manager, Laura Argrave on 01934 416486, or email her at email@example.com.
£25 per person per hour