The West of England Sport Trust (Wesport) was established as a sports charity in 2006. It champions active lives in local communities by creating inspirational and innovative opportunities for more people to experience the benefits of sport and physical activity.
Wesport are also a Dame Kelly Holmes Trust strategic partner and deliver their programmes locally across the West of England.
Wesport is also a member of the West of England Civil Society Partnership, which provides the infrastructure for the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) at a West of England level. It brings together VCSE Sector Organisations (also known as Civil Society) across Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire to promote their role in the provision of wellbeing, jobs, skills and learning opportunities and the critical part this plays to enable the West of England to grow in an inclusive way.
Group members are CVS South Gloucestershire, West of England Rural Network, Voluntary Action North Somerset, West of England Sport Trust, The Care Forum and Voscur.
Get in Touch
If you would like to find out more about how Wesport can assist you, then contact Ruth Mitchell via phone on 01173 286250 or email her at email@example.com.
We offer several services which are on offer to the West of England Works partners: coach mentoring service and get on track (PSED programme).
Coach Mentoring Service- Wesport
• 10hrs of support from Wesport Coaching Manager
• Initial assessment of interested sport and physical activity i.e. football, netball, running/athletics, tennis, etc.
• Access to a Level 1 National Governing Body of Sport accreditation in chosen sport
• The initial support will be delivered at the Anchor Partners premises.
The Coach Mentoring position is costed at 10 hours £52.00 per hour = £520.00. The Additional Coach Education programme is charged per space on a course as below:
SPC1 – £42 pp
First Aid – £58 pp
Access to a Level 1 National Governing Body approved coaching course £200 pp.
Total cost per person: £820.00.
Get On Track- PSED Programme 16-25 Year Olds
• Dame Kelly Holmes personal, social, emotional development (PSED) programme for your people facing disadvantages aged 16-25
• Sessions focus on confidence building and team work, aiming to inspire and engage participants
• Programmes are delivered by elite athletes who have been retrained as young people mentors
• Wesport aim to offer two ‘Get on Track’ programmes per financial year.
The cost per person is: £1469.51.