‘A community resource centre for Barton Hill and the surrounding area.’
Barton Hill Settlement offers several projects through West of England Works in order to help those furthest away from the jobs market to get into employment.
Some of its projects include:
• One to one support which allows for in-depth support and development
• Weekly sessions located at Barton Hill Settlement, outreach locations and even in a participant’s home
• Participant led – co-design is central to the makeup of the project
• Building participant confidence and nurturing their skills
• Encouraging aspirations
• Focus on overcoming barriers
• Encouraging participants to join and/or lead community peer projects
• Volunteering opportunities
• Benefit entitlement checks and ‘better off’ calculations
• Financial capability services which include budgeting and money saving skills
• Training tailored to your individual needs.
We seek to make it as easy as possible for you to come and see us by offering childcare support at Barton Hill Settlement. In joining us as a part of our West of England Works project, you will also have access to our wider services, which include: family support, childcare, specialist legal advice, starting your own business with BRAVE, job club, WEA courses, lunch clubs, shopping clubs, Bristol Credit Union, fruit and vegetable sales, summer activities including Summer Camp, and community events.
The project is ever changing, and adapts with emerging themes in order to meet any new demands.
Get in Touch
Referrals should be sent to Anya Mulcahy-Bowman, Project Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0117 954 8899. Alternatively, participants can drop-in or self-refer to the project. We will also be attending various networking events with local partners and residents to promote the project more widely.